I took an interesting look through Flickr (although still feeling rather overwhelmed at the huge volume of stuff) and thought. "Oh, that would be fun do cards and artwork," but when I moved onto the mash ups section I found that NONE of the listed options worked when I clicked on them. I felt most frustrated, particularly as my next activity was to blog about my experiences with them!
I find with some of today's technology I can feel very helpless (unlike with the good old fashioned book, which is very straight forward by comparison !) I was hoping that by doing this course I would become familiar with some of these new things and be able to help some of our customers (who also might be feeling a bit "helpless") but to be honest, so far I have found things frustrating rather than exciting or enjoyable...
Last session I enjoyed being able to share problems and overcome them with the help of other people in the class, but this week for the first hour I am sitting here on my own. At the risk of sounding negative, I don't really find lams a good format for presenting the learning, and I'm hoping some more people will join me soon...
Eehh!! About 10 minutes later the mash up choices I clicked on have finally appeared ! (I had long since given up hope of ever seeing them.)
Here's hoping it will be much better from here on...
Thw wikipedia explanation of mash ups is a bit over my head. It uses a lot of terms that I don't understand. I probably would have been better not to look at it.
Ah ! Now here's something I like ! Flickr Toys - I think I'd quite enjoy making a movie poster or magazine cover of my own. (Somehow I don't think that is something I will be doing for our customers, but it certainly captures my imagination and makes me feel like something enjoyable is happening at last !) I must have a go tonight at home.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like the way you post as you're working, Irmgaard. I hope it's been a bit smoother sailing since.
ReplyDelete